Monday, January 11, 2021

Welcome back for another great week of school! 

Our bible verse for the week is Joshua 1:9.  This is such a great reminder for all of us that we are never alone, no matter how bleak a situation may feel! 

 

This morning, after our morning routines, we played a game together.  The friends helped me remember the letters because I kept on forgetting!    


We then read this book.  We made predictions on what the book will be about based on the title and cover illustrations. 


"I think Clifford is in the snowman!" 

"Tell me why you think that." 

"The snowman's head is wiggling!  See those lines?  It's moving!" 

We discussed how different details in the illustrations can give us more information about the story that we are reading.  We then discussed how we can do that in the books we write and the illustrations that we draw. 

"When I make my book I am going to add lines like that."  


It was snowing just a tiny bit during outside time.  It was enough for our friends to be very excited! 


"See!!  It's snow!!" 





After snack, we went to work! 

"It's open!" 


"I am making my illustrations!" 


Our friends love to write!  



We discussed what sculptures are and then used loose parts to create our own! 

"Sculptures are kind of like statues." 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment