Tuesday, October 29, 2019

This morning the friends noticed a new tree on the playground!  Mrs. Helmkamp's class planted a tree as a part of their tree project. 


"Look at the leaves!  They are a different color!" 


"What do they smell like?"

"I think they smell like strawberries." 


"Smell them!  They smell like strawberries!" 



"Look at the sun I made!  Why can't we see the sun today?" 

"I think the clouds are blocking it." 





During small group time the friends were able to use the magic reading sticks!  




With me, the friends explored volume. 

"Look!  It is full!"

"How can you tell it is full?"

"It is equal to the top!" 


Block exploration during small groups 


The friends also helped organize and sort our magnetic letters! 


Free choice time 

"I am writing a book.  One for me and one for my sister." 


"Popcorn for sale!  Here's some money!" 


"Look at my tower!  I balanced it!" 


Signing up for the popcorn seeds



"I am drawing those popcorn seeds!" 


We love to read!  Although the friends cannot read conventionally, they are learning important pre-reading skills.   



"I like the smooth rocks." 





"I am writing my recipe." 



"See?  My recipe says cheese popcorn, pickle popcorn, butter popcorn, mixed popcorn, and rainbow popcorn." 


"My recipe says 'popcorn is good.'" 



"I am writing, 'I like popcorn and Mrs. Douglas do's too.'" 



No comments:

Post a Comment